Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Hello 2017!

Happy New Year!!

Yeah I just wanted to say that :)

I know I haven't been posting any patterns lately, I've been busy with all the holiday buzz and making all those Christmas presents for friends and family. Yes, I started making them last July and just finished on time. Almost half a year! You probably won't believe me but I think you will once I start posting the gifts I made in the following days. ;) I think I made roughly 30 crocheted gifts for Christmas. That was a lot! And I'm still actually doing a couple more for the friends I wasn't able to meet over the holidays. Crazy!

You might think I must have regretted choosing to give handmade gifts. But I don't! I think it was a really great decision, for a number of reasons:

  • I really, really enjoy crochet
  • I was able to practice my crochet skills
  • I was able to give gifts with my own personal touch
  • I was able to design new patterns that I will post in this blog soon
  • I can now build my crochet portfolio for my upcoming crochet business

Neat, right? Making these handmade gifts served a lot of purposes. Now that the season of gift-giving is over, I'm a bit worried about what I will be doing next! Hopefully stuff for my crochet business. Please support me! :)

Looking back at 2016, a lot of people might think it was a terrible year, and I might just agree that it really was horrible for some parts. But for me, there are still a lot of things to be thankful for this 2016. And this is one of them. 2016 was the year I learned how to crochet, from my first (failed) coaster to bigger projects like beanies, and for this I am grateful. :)

Now that 2017 has come, new year won't be complete without a new year's resolution (cliche, I know)! For me, I will be posting more patterns this year, hopefully twice to four times in a month. I'm planning on publishing my patterns every Thursday, so stay tuned!

Looking forward to a great year of crocheting AF! \m/



No comments:

Post a Comment